Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Job Type: 1st Shift
Salary: $70,000 to $80,000 per year
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team.
New Berlin Plastics is a family owned company in business since 1975. We are an established custom injection molder located near Milwaukee and our business is growing. We are looking for a career minded professional to grow with us.
We continue to achieve success and growth through the contributions of our employees.
Reporting directly to the CFO duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to account detail
- Maintain monthly company KPI data and graphs
- Review and complete monthly quoted vs. actual analysis of new production parts
- Analyze and review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies or improvements
- Resolve accounts payable invoice discrepancies, and inquiries from suppliers
- Complete quarterly WI sales tax return and ensure compliance with sales tax regulations
- Manage transactions and report fixed asset additions and disposals of equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of two years of experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and follow-up skills.
Benefits and Culture:
We are a fun, relaxed group of experienced professionals. This means that you will be joining a team that enjoys what we do and each other’s company. Our business plan calls for significant growth and we expect those who contribute to enjoy the benefits created by that growth.
Other benefits include competitive compensation, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, and 401K.
Requirements for consideration:
To be considered please share why you feel you are the person for the role. And address the list of requirements in your cover letter – i.e., how you meet each requirement and what you, personally, feel your strength is.
New Berlin Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.