Job Category: Skilled
Job Type: 1st Shift
Project Engineers are responsible for the full project launch which includes directing and coordinating the specification, procurement, development, optimizing and qualification of new molds, fixtures and tools. To facilitate a successful project launch you will have the support of NBP’s custom project management software LaunchLogic and a strong cross functional team (Sales, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing) working together to meet customer expectations and business objectives.
Your responsibilities will also involve direct communication and consultation with customers and suppliers regarding part design optimization for injection molding, resin selection, and design for manufacturability, project scheduling, processing optimization, and intended use.
- BS in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering or equivalent experience with demonstrated capacity, knowledge and understanding of engineering principals.
- Two – five years of experience in the development and improvement for tool design, part design, injection molding and plastics manufacturing.
- Experience using CAD design software (Solidworks preferred)
- Positive, self-motivated, team player willing to work hard to support and accomplish company objectives
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
Skills that will make you stand out (a plus):
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Strong program management skills
- Demonstrated ability leading or working with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of resins
- Experience working with Moldflow software
For consideration please include the following information:
- Resume – Tell us who you are, what you would like to achieve professionally and where you have been.
- Cover Letter – Share why you feel you are the person for the role. Also, please ensure that you address the list of requirements in your cover letter – i.e., how you meet each requirement and how you, personally, feel your strength is for each.