Materials Technician – All Shifts
Job Category: Production
Job Type: All Shifts (full-time)
New Berlin Plastics is a custom injection molder located in Southeastern Wisconsin. We are a stable family-owned company in business since 1975. We are growing and looking for people who want to put their talents to work, learn new skills, and grow their careers with us. We offer training programs and work with our employees to achieve results and support their success.
We have an immediate opportunity for a materials Technician to join our production team. The Materials Technician is a hands-on role and supports production to supply work centers with material and handles the set-up and troubleshooting of auxiliary equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read work orders to pull correct material and move from the warehouse to designated areas.
- Set up, monitor, and troubleshoot auxiliary equipment including augers, grinders, dryers, loaders, and operation controls.
- Maintain accurate inventory of material through the use of a hand scanner and close attention to detail.
- Measure and mix the color concentrate with natural color material per the manufacturing order.
- Tear down, clean, and process auxiliary equipment at the end of the production run.
- Monitor and maintain material throughout the production run to prevent material shortages that cause quality issues and production downtime.
- Drive Forklift.
- Assist set-up technicians to install molds, hook up water, and load molding parameters off press memory or tape per set up procedures.
Minimum Level of Education/Training/Experience Required:
- The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in shipping and receiving or material handling positions in manufacturing, basic computer skills with strong attention to detail, basic math skills, and the ability to manage multiple.
- Knowledge of plastic and experience in an injection molding environment is a plus.
Benefits and Culture
We offer a clean, safe, air-conditioned facility, on-the-job training programs, competitive wages ($1.00p/h 2nd shift premium, $2.00p/h 3rd shift premium), paid time off and a full benefits package. You will also earn an additional $2.00 per hour for showing up to work every day and on time as part of our Personal Performance Incentive. Check out our website to learn more www.nbplastics.com
Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to participate in the State Apprenticeship program as an Injection Mold Setter if interested in a career in plastics.
If you are interested in taking a lead role, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and are a team player apply send your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.