Material Handler/Forklift Operator
Job Category: Production, Warehouse
Job Type: 1st Shift
Salary: $14.00 - $18.00
We are looking for team members to support our manufacturing group with material handling on all three shifts.
You will be joining a team that enjoys what we do and each other’s company. We expect each team member to use their talent multiplied by effort to make a difference each day. It is our goal to support you by ensuring that we understand what it takes to help you achieve success for yourself, the team, and our business.
The Material Handler is responsible for supporting manufacturing, moving raw material and supplies to work centers and finished goods to inventory locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull and move raw material for manufacturing orders from the warehouse to work center location.
- Transport finished goods and product to designated locations.
- Place excess material in inventory location upon completion of manufacturing order.
- Assist with consolidating and organizing material and product in inventory locations.
- Assist Cell Leaders with staging work center supplies including inserts, packaging, and pallets.
- Perform machine operation and serve as break operator as needed.
- Drive forklift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Level of Education/Training/Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years certified forklift experience
- Experience working in material handling and/or shipping receiving environment
Job Skills Requirements:
- Safety glasses and steel toe shoes required
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Forklift Certification
- Basic math skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Function as a Team Player by maintaining a positive attitude and willingness to assist
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Physical & Environment Requirements:
- Manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 55 pounds
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
Benefits and Culture:
We are a fun, relaxed group of experienced professionals. This means that you will be joining a team that enjoys what we do and each other’s company. Our business plan calls for significant growth and we expect those who contribute to enjoy the benefits created by that growth.
Other benefits include competitive compensation, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, and 401K.
Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to participate in the State Apprenticeship program as an Injection Mold Setter if interested in a career in plastics. We are willing to train and work with employees to achieve results and support their success.