CMM Programmer / Quality Technician
Job Category: Quality/Project Launch
Job Type: 1st Shift
Salary: $28-$37 per hour
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced CMM Programmer to support our Project Launch and Manufacturing teams.
New Berlin Plastics, is a family-owned company in business since 1975. We are an established custom injection molder located near Milwaukee and our business is growing. We are looking for career-minded professionals to grow with us.
We continue to achieve success and growth through the contributions of our employees.
In this role, you will be responsible for inspection and documentation in support of the Launch Process and PPAP submission. Primary outputs include a review of customer print GD&T, fixture development, ISIR completion, and capability studies, to meet customer (internal and external) requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform programming and inspections with CMM and other inspection tools.
- Develop and maintain CMM program instructions.
- Develop and write work instructions for measurement methods used by others.
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of metrology projects.
- Communicate the status of metrology projects and make resource recommendations (outsource, etc.).
- Train personnel in the operation of CMM, vision system, and other devices for first article inspections and in-process inspection.
- Train personnel on inspection equipment.
- Participate in APQP activities as needed.
- Assist in maintaining calibration program.
- Serve as a backup quality auditor when needed. (first article inspections, in-process, and Incoming inspection)
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Two years of experience programming a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
Job Skills Requirements:
- A high degree of proficiency in interpreting GD&T and its application to metrology
- Proficiency with CMM software (preferably Zeiss Calypso)
- Familiarity with Vision systems (Preferably Micro-Vu Vertex using InSpec software)
- Familiarity using light/laser scanners (preferably Hexagon Absolute with RS5 Scan head and Polywork software)
- Experience with quality assurance measurement and testing equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Benefits and Culture:
We are a fun, relaxed group of experienced professionals. This means that you will be joining a team that enjoys what we do and each other’s company. Our business plan calls for significant growth and we expect those who contribute to enjoy the benefits created by that growth.
Other benefits include competitive compensation, health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, tuition reimbursement, and 401K.
Requirements for consideration:
To be considered please share why you feel you are the person for the role. And address the list of requirements in your cover letter – i.e., how you meet each requirement and what you, personally, feel your strength is.
New Berlin Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.